Monday, March 12, 2012

old fashioned white bread

Feeling stressed? Take your frustrations out on a loaf of bread dough. The pounding is good for the texture and the soul while your tensions melt away.

The bread is made with milk for a tender and fine texture, just like your grandmother used to make. Enjoy!

Recipe from West Bend


Ingredients
  • 3/4 c milk
  • 1 T butter
  • 2 c bread flour
  • 1 T sugar
  • 1 t salt
  • 1 package yeast

Directions
Mix, knead, and bake at 375 for 18 minutes. Makes a 1lb loaf of bread to share with friends and family. Tiny fingers not included.

Linking up to BNOTP, Debbie Doos, Making the World Cuter, LinesAcrossMyFace, NifyThrifty, CRAFT, HomemakerOnADime, MadeByYou, MadSkills, SingingThreeLittleBirds, SweetAnneDesigns, S3, HowtoNestforLess, NotJustaHousewife, CoastalCharm, Carolyn'sHomework, SugarBeeCrafts, ClaimingOurSpace, MyUncommonSliceofSuburbia, aBowlFullofLemons, CozyHomeScenes, theDelectableHome, BoogieboardCottage, theMommyClub, GingerSnaps, SavvySouthernStyle, NewlywedsOnaBudget, DIYByDesign, UncommonDesign, Michelle'sTastyCreations, LiveLaughRowe, ShabbyCreekCottage, FirefliesandJellbeans, HouseofHepworths, the36thAve, LovingThisCrazyLife, FindingFabulous, AtthePicketFence, TheShabbyNest, 30HandmadeDays, It'sOverflowing, MopItUp, ClassyClutter, SundayRoundUp, What'sCookin', FrenchParty, OurDelightfulHome, MakingLemonade, BlissfulandDomestic, One ArtsyMama, KurtzCorner, TipJunkie

14 comments:

  1. Old-fashion but very tasty
    Your bread looks wonderful, and I'd looooooooooove a slice with butter and lot of jam :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing. I've never made bread before. Is it difficult? I feel like it would be time consuming. Thanks so much for sharing at Whmsy Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just came across your great site via GingerSnap's party..........new follower : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been wanting to find a good white bread recipe, this will be the next one I try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My family and I love homemade bread, but we don't make it nearly enough. Thanks for sharing your recipe so hopefully I'll (I'm the breadmaker in the family) will be inspired to make it more often. I appreciate you visiting me each week at Your Cozy Home Party. Hope you're having a great week Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks fantastic! The basic bread recipe I use has eggs in it. I'll have to try your egg-free loaf!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yum!!!
    Link to the French party on Monday? My readers would love it!
    Xo
    Frenchy
    http://lechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love for you to come link this recipe up to http://www.firsthomelovelife.com/2012/05/whats-cooking-wednesday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm that sounds really nice, pass a slice over!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks so yummy! I would love for you to link up at my Linky Party via: http://ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com/2012/05/live-show-me-what-you-got-linky-party_21.html

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a recipe that even I won't be able to muck up! Thanks so much for sharing on Tout It Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to try your recipe! I am not good at making bread...Your recipe look easy!
    Thanks for linking to the French party! Come back Monday!
    xo
    Isabelle
    http://lechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for linking up to the Piece of Cake Party. Looks delicious. My bread making was a complete flop. Looking forward to trying yours.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Laura, I LOVE homemade bread. Nothing smells better when raising or baking :) I can't wait to try this recipe. Love the little hand in the picture - too cute :)

    Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday last week.

    I can’t wait to see what you link up this week. Have a great day.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers. Thank you for your comment. No urls please.

09 10